McKinnon Chain - Capabilities
Chain making capability:
- 45 Electrical resistance butt welding chain making machines, 6mm to 26mm diameter chain.
- Grade 30 – Grade 100 short-, mid-, long- and extra long link chain.
- Application of product: Mining, industrial, fishing, lifting and general chain application
Link- and Quad assembly manufacturing capability:
- Size range: 14.5 - to 70mm master links and quad assemblies.
- Robotic flash butt welding manufacturing cell for 20- to 50mm master links and quad assemblies, as well as 32mm diameter short link lifting chain.
Heat treatment capability:
- 4-off Hardening furnaces
- 4-off Tempering furnaces
- 2-off Water quench tanks
- 1-off Molten salt bath heat treatment facility
- Continuous induction heat treatment furnaces for chain products for lifting applications, 6mm to 26mm diameter.
- Heat treatment capabilities consist of water quenching, hardening, tempering and stress relieving of certain material grades.
Inspection- and testing capabilities:
McKinnon Chain employs skilled inspectors and testing operators to perform the following quality control checks;
- Visual inspection
- Dimensional inspection
- Manufacturing proof testing
- Tensile testing
- Bend testing
- Magnetic particle inspection
- Metallurgical examination